We have had a busy 2013! It all started in February, when Danny was deployed to Qatar for 6 months. It was hard having him gone but it was definitely a learning experience for all of us. Lucky for us he was able to come home safe and sound on August 1. Which just so happened to be Analyn’s second birthday, probably the best gift she received all day.
Analyn loves her “brothers” Jack and Flash and they love her, especially when she sneaks them food underneath her highchair. They are very patient with her and her constant need to love them and squeeze them. Analyn has been growing like a weed. She’s learning her shapes and colors, and is quick to remind us what each animal says. She has decided to assert her independence a tad bit earlier than Danny or I would like. For instance, the other day Danny informed her it was nap time. And she quickly replied to him it was not nap time. When we asked why, she answered with a sassy, “Said so!” I guess we need to find a different response to her many questions, other than, “Because I said so.”
Danny has had a busy year on top of being deployed. While he was deployed he was called to be the Executive Secretary and Clerk of his Branch in Qatar. He also recently tested for Staff Sargent and passed with flying colors. He will most likely be promoted June 2014. He is currently in a new section at work and enjoying the opportunity to learn new things about his job.
As for me, while Danny was gone I was busy planning Girls Camp which took place 5 days after Danny came home. It was hard to leave him so closely after him coming home but it was fun to go to Camp and bond with the girls. And an added bonus Ana and Danny had some fun “Daddu and daughter bonding”. I also distracted myself with planning our celebration of Danny’s homecoming. We booked a 12 day cruise through the Mediterranean Sea hitting 6 countries and 2 continents. It was a lot of fun and a wonderful way to mark the end of the deployment chapter.
That was our year. We had a lot of fun and a lot of learning experiences! Definitely excited for this upcoming year. We are anticipating a lot of changes. We find out in just a matter of a couple months we find out where the Air Force will send us next. It's a tad nerve wracking. We have come to love Germany but we're anxious for the opportunity to live closer to home. But the unknown scares me haha, I just want to have all the answers today.
I look up to you and all the other families who have their loved ones leave for such a long time! I'm glad he came back safe. We took a 5 day cruise and loved it! 12 would be heaven! Glad you had a good year! :)
ReplyDelete